One of the most important skin regiments I would recommend (as a certified esthetician) is a facial scrub and a moisturizer. This post will show you how to make your own facial scrub that includes a moisturizer, and all you need is 3 ingredients. Sugar (scrub), Coconut Oil (moisturizer) and an essential oil of your liking.
I have listed below some essential oils and their benefits. You can always research on your own for more oils.
- Lavender: Calming effect. Can be used for all skin types.
- Geranium: Balances oil production and conditions skin. Good for all skin types.
- Frankincense: great for aging skin, as well as pigmentation
- Ylang Ylang: for oily or acne prone skin, also great in fighting the effects of aging
- Lemongrass: great for acne
- Tea Tree: one of my favorites. My first go-to for oily and acned skin.
- Chamomile: great for eczema, sensitive skin and rosacea
- Clary Sage: helps to reduce puffiness, and great for dry and oily skin
- Neroli: great for mature and aging skin, and great for sensitive skin.
To make your scrub, you need a ratio of 4 (sugar):1 (coconut oil).
This recipe will make enough for about 4 small jars.
2 cups sugar
½ cup coconut oil
About 20 drops of an essential oil
Blend the sugar and coconut oil together.
Pour in your essential oil and incorporate well.
Fill up your jars, and you are good to go.
I like to keep my jar in the shower, this way it is easier to wash off.
Try it, and let me know how soft your face truly is after.
Wrap them up for a lovely gift giving idea.
“How bad can it be?”